Wednesday 1 August 2012

EASA PART-66 Module 8 : Basic Aerodynamics


8.1 Physics of the Atmosphere (level 2)
International Standard Atmosphere (ISA), application to aerodynamics.



8.2 Aerodynamics (level 2)
Airflow around a body;
Boundary layer, laminar and turbulent flow, free stream flow, relative airflow, upwash and downwash, vortices, stagnation;
The terms: camber, chord, mean aerodynamic chord, profile (parasite) drag, induced drag, centre of pressure, angle of attack, wash in and wash out, fineness ratio, wing shape and aspect ratio;
Thrust, Weight, Aerodynamic Resultant;
Generation of Lift and Drag: Angle of Attack, Lift coefficient, Drag coefficient, polar curve, stall;
Aerofoil contamination including ice, snow, frost.



8.3 Theory of Flight (level 2)
Relationship between lift, weight, thrust and drag;
Glide ratio;
Steady state flights, performance;
Theory of the turn;
Influence of load factor: stall, flight envelope and structural limitations;
Lift augmentation.



8.4 Flight Stability and Dynamics (level 2)
Longitudinal, lateral and directional stability (active and passive)


18 comments:

  1. I’m impressed. Very informative and trustworthy blog does exactly what it sets out to do. I’ll bookmark your weblog for future use.

    Pebbles
    www.joeydavila.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your effort in sharing all these notes and modules. appreciate it. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow really wonderful piece of work. I'm taking my m08 paper soon and thanks to you i manage to understand even better. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  4. its very inspiring me and truly help me, thanks a alot

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi im doing EASA part 66, after 1 week there is my EASA Basic Aerodynamic Exam, these slides will be very helpful to me... you put such a good efforts to share this information.. im gonna bookmark this page for further exams

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I'm impressed. Very informative and trustworthy blog does exactly what it sets out to do. I’ll bookmark your blog for future use." Web Design Company

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you very much.it helps me lot

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post

    laminar air flow manufacturers

    ReplyDelete
  9. superb. Helped me at EASA examinations

    ReplyDelete

  10. There are certain point in our life that we encounter failure but it doesn't mean you will lose hope and give up everything but it only means that every failure there's an exchange and that is new beginning. Well, thank you for sharing your article and keep on posting. Visit my site too for more information.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. very interesting topics. thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you so much for putting it in a very simple and understanding way,
    pradeep kumar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for your efforts. The article is very specific and very interesting and trustworthy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice. i need module-9.how can i get it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you so much...
    can i riquire your data from module 8.4 ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. your blog helps me allot to find some important information I am also enjoying your blog thanks for sharing your experience.
    long stay parking gatwick

    ReplyDelete