Monday 11 June 2012

How to be Aircraft Maintenance Engineer

Job Description & Responsibilities


Licensed Aircraft Engineer(LAE) job is to certify maintenance work, modify, inspect, repair overhaul and replace. Eg: a component is to be changed , u will have a group of mechanic working for u, you instruct them what to do, observe it, once it done u have to approve it, then if anything happen on that component or aicraft crash due to that task u approve, they will look for you, you'll be held responsible


Requirements & Ways to become a LAME


Basically, to be a LAME u need the License and not diploma/degree or others. That is the only requirement for a LAME. There are 2 types of EASA Part-66 license to be able to become a LAME.


Cat. B1 for A,C,E(Airframe, Engine and Electrical)
-B1.1 Aeroplanes Turbine-Engines
-B1.2 Aeroplanes Piston-Engines
-B1.3 Helicopters Turbine-Engines
-B1.4 Helicopters Piston-Engines
Cat. B2 For E.I.R(Electrical, Instrument and Radio)


How to obtain EASA Part-66 License


There are 2 basic ways :
1. Obtain it yourself-Need 5 years of aircraft experience (workschedule) and completion of
    all the EASA Part-66 modules paper.
2. Obtaining the license through a Part 147 EASA approved training school, APR, METC. 
    Completion of all the Modules paper and 2 yrs of experience(workschedule) with 
    minimum 2400 hours of instruction/course.

8 comments:

  1. Good Information. The Maintenance of aircraft is a comprehensive, ongoing process. The entire aircraft needs to be examined, maintained, and have the necessary parts replaced to uphold the safety standards mandated by the FAA. Aircraft are required to be maintained after a certain period of calender time or flight hours or flight cycles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind information it will help me a lot.
    Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please give me the list of company in Malaysia where i can collect my 2years workschedule ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey there. I work for Air New zealand in New zealand. if i sit all the EASA modules and Provide my 5 years of experience Am i able too apply for a licence even though we are Not an Easa state ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. you would have to apply your license to one of the EASA member states, most would opt for UK CAA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have worked as a mechanic with A320 for 4 years can I get a licence cat.A?Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have done Basic B1.1 Aerospace from Pakistan International Airline (PIA) Training Centre,Karachi Pakistan
    My course is ANO-147 Approved Course.All my Modules are complete under PCAA.
    I'm currently working at Kuwait Airways Corporation.
    If i complete my log book with 2 years of working experience.
    Will i be able to have an EASA License.
    Or if i get my first license from Pakistan Civil Aviation by sending them my experience so that they could issue me a license.
    Will that license be converted to EASA when i'll bring that license to Kuwait?
    Kindly guide me through this process i'm confused alot.

    ReplyDelete